Frank W. Jaffe focuses his practice in all areas
of transactional real estate law and business
and commercial law.
Frank W. Jaffe practices in the area of residential, commercial and industrial real estate transactions. Frank counsels developers in residential, commercial and industrial development, and buyers and sellers in commercial, industrial and residential real estate transactions including tax generated 1031 and TIC transactions. Frank also counsels clients in commercial leasing and financing transactions. His recent experience includes:
- Representation of large retail commercial developer in multistate sale/lease back transactions representing sellers and buyers.
- Representation of residential developers in the development or conversion of multifamily buildings.
- Representation of billion dollar company in the securitization of business based loans in a multistate financing transaction.
- Representation of individual investor in multi-million dollar 1031 exchange of investment property.
- Representation of software company in acquisition and takeover of another company, including drafting stock purchase agreement and other relevant documents.
- Representation of retail running shoe company in purchase of stock interest from majority shareholder.
- Northwestern University (B.A., 1982; J.D., 1986)
Northwestern University, Phi Beta Kappa with distinction
Illinois Bar Association
Frank is a founding member of the Illinois Bar Association Animal Law Committee
Chicago Bar Association
Frank enjoys adventure travel and spending time with his wife, Leslie and children, David and Elizabeth, and the family dog.