AGNIESZKA (AGNES) T. PLECKA practices in the areas of municipal law including land use, zoning, licensing, and residential and commercial real estate transactions. Agnes represents clients in proceedings before planning commissions, city council committees, and zoning board of appeals as well as counsels sellers and purchasers on all aspects of residential and commercial property acquisition and disposition, leasing, and real estate taxation issues including valuation appeals and divisions.
EDUCATION HER RECENT LAND USE AND LICENSING EXPERIENCE INCLUDES REPRESENTING
- Developers of multi-unit residential and mixed-use developments in map amendments.
- A trucking company in a planned unit development.
- Owners of commercial properties in their public way vacation procedures.
- A car dealership in its special use procedure to establish a new location.
- A national chain restaurant in its special use procedure to establish a new location.
- Developers and homeowners in their variations from the Zoning Ordinance requirements.
- Developers in legal compliance with the Affordable Requirements Ordinance.
- A franchisee of a national hotel chain in obtaining City and State liquor licenses.
HER RECENT TRANSACTIONAL EXPERIENCE INCLUDES REPRESENTING
- A developer in the multi-million-dollar sale of a residential development.
- A business owner in the negotiated sale and purchase of City owned parcels.
- A landlord in leasing a large commercial unit to a national bank.
- Multiple commercial tenants in retail, office and restaurant leases.
- A business owner in the purchase of a million-dollar industrial property for a contractor’s yard.
- A business owner in leasing a property from the IL State Agency.
- Owners of commercial properties in the appeal of their assessed value.
- Residential developers in the division and consolidation of tax parcels.
Juris Doctor, 2006
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 2002
Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL
Illinois State Bar Association
Agnes is bilingual and speaks Polish fluently. She is a proud mother of her 2 children Kamil and Anne. Agnes has a passion for gardening and reading classics and fantasy novels. In her free time, she also enjoys traveling and discovering new cuisines, dancing, playing Catan, and going on long walks with her dogs Sheldon and Daisy.