Elizabeth M. Shea focuses her practice
on estate planning and probate, including
the preparation of wills, trusts, and powers
Elizabeth M. Shea focuses her practice on estate planning and probate, including the preparation of wills, trusts, and powers of attorney. Elizabeth’s practice also includes the preparation of prenuptial agreements. In the probate area, Elizabeth handles the administration of probate estates, as well as guardianship estates for both minors and disabled adults. Elizabeth also counsels clients on various wealth management issues, including inter vivos gifts and business planning and organization issues. Her recent experience includes:
- Representation of individuals of all income and asset levels in the preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and various other estate planning documents designed to fit the client’s specific needs
- Providing assistance to clients in administration of probate estates from initial filing of opening court documents with Probate Court through all phases of probate administration
- Successful representation of client in citation proceeding in Cook County Probate Court seeking to have assets returned to estate
- Representation of numerous clients in the preparation and negotiation of prenuptial agreements
- Representation of individuals seeking to have guardian appointed in Probate Court for elderly or disabled family members
Education and Honors
- University of Iowa (B.B.A., Accounting, 1984; J.D. with distinction, 1986)
University of Iowa College of Law, Case Editor Moot Court Board; Certified Public Accountant 1984
American Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association.
Elizabeth is married and has five children. She lives on the north side of Chicago and enjoys traveling and attending Cubs games.