Denise King Garvy
Her experience in employment matters includes:
- Representation of companies in updating their employment policies and handbooks.
- Representation of employers and individuals in negotiating non-compete, employment and severance agreements.
- Representation of employers in the context of hiring, disciplining and terminating employees.
- Representation of companies in navigating leaves under federal, state and local laws.
- Representation of private and public employers in defense of all types of employment claims, including race, national origin, sex, religious, age and disability discrimination, unlawful harassment, wrongful discharge, fair labor standards act, breach of contract.
Her experience in real estate and transactional matters includes:
- Representation of real estate developer in multiple commercial real estate transactions, including 1031 exchanges.
- Representation of both landlords and tenants in negotiations of leases for office and commercial space.
- Representation of the seller of a franchise restaurant.
- Representation of the buyer of chiropractic practice.
- Representation of the purchaser of multiple gas stations/convenience stores.
University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1993)
University of Illinois (B.A. 1990)
University of Illinois Law Review – Member and Notes Editor
Denise enjoys spending time with her two daughters, playing tennis, running, reading and traveling.