Shawn C. Clancy’s practice focuses on the
intersection between litigation and
transactional law, assisting clients with their
legal needs from the inception to completion.
Shawn C. Clancy practices commercial litigation, as well as in the area of commercial and industrial real estate transactions. After graduating magna cum laude from Notre Dame Law School, Shawn began his legal career clerking in Los Angeles, California, before working at a top national litigation firm. Shawn joined Jaffe & Berlin, L.L.C. in 2013 and expanded his focus to include transactional law, complimenting his continuing litigation practice.
His recent litigation experience includes:
- Representation of a professional sports agency in a federal breach of contract and trade secrets jury trial.
- Representation of a major corporation in connection with Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act claims.
- Representation of county and statewide agencies in an environmental defense case.
His recent real estate and transactional experience includes:
- Representation of a condominium association with over twenty members across the world in a large-scale de-conversion of a Chicago condominium as a part of a multi-million dollar sale.
- Representation of a construction and development company in the acquisition of several parcels of improved and unimproved real estate for the future development.
- Representation of a national corporation in negotiations for large-scale commercial expansion.
- Represented technology venture in nationwide expansion, drafting and negotiating documents protecting intellectual property rights in company’s proprietary services.
Education and Honors
- Notre Dame Law School (J.D., manga cum laude, 2011)
- Loyola University Chicago (B.A., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Illinois, 2012
- California, 2011
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Bar Association
- Notre Dame Club of Chicago
Shawn lives in downtown Chicago with his wife, Carla. In his free time, Shawn, an avid sports fan, enjoys running, traveling, photography and spending time with his family.